Comprehensive Packing List & More
Hermitage Hall wants to make sure that our residents are adequately prepared for a stay at our residential facility. Below, you’ll find a comprehensive list of what items residents will need during their treatment program, what we’ll provide for them, and what they should leave at home. We also request that parents, guardians, and other visitors adhere to these guidelines as well to maintain a secure and controlled environment for our residents and staff.
PERSONAL ITEMS ALLOWED FOR ADMISSIONS
- Seven pairs of jeans/pants/shorts (proper fit, shorts must be knee length)
- Seven t-shirts (proper fit, w/out inappropriate words/images, these shirts are to be worn under the unit t-shirts that are provided by hermitage hall to all clients)
- Eight pairs of underwear (regular boxers not permitted, no thongs or similar)
- Eight sports bras or bras without underwire
- Eight pairs of socks
- Two pairs of tennis shoes (shoelaces removed, heavy boots not allowed)
- Three pairs of pajamas with long bottoms
- One all-weather coat
- One hoodie/sweatshirt (no strings or strings removed)
- One shirt for off-campus outings (short or long-sleeve collared shirt, polo, or button up, or nice t-shirt)
- One hat/cap
- One wall poster (must not contain violent, sexually explicit or inappropriate material for this setting)
- Photos (must be approved and initialed by the therapist)
- One personal blanket
- Four paperback books and/or magazines (must be reviewed and approved by the therapist)
- Two elastic hair ties (no metal)
ITEMS PROVIDED BY HERMITAGE HALL
- Storage bin
- Laundry basket
- Hygiene storage Box
- Washcloths & towels
- Shower shoes
- Comb / Brush
- Unit shirts
If desired, residents may bring their own brush/comb, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste. Otherwise, these items will be supplied by Hermitage Hall. It is the resident’s responsibility to ask for supplies when needed.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT ADMISSION
- Copy of insurance cards
- Copy of immunization records
- Copy of school transcript or last report card
- Copy of IEP (if applicable)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of Social Security card
- Proof of custody (if applicable)
- Three-day supply of current medications or list of medication
CONTRABAND & PROHIBITED ITEMS
- INAPPROPRIATE CLOTING: yoga pants, crop tops, cut off shirts without sleeves, Atop shirts, white T-shirts, revealing “see through” clothes, leggings, dresses, thong underwear, bottoms with holes and/or distressed
- Pens, pencils, colored pencils, markers, sharpies, marking devices, superglue and/or any non-Hermitage Hall issued writing instruments are prohibited on the units.
- Glass/ceramic/hard plastic/metals of any kind.
- Weapons, sharp items, utensil packages, knives of any kind.
- Any suggestive posters, items, videos with violent/sexual themes.
- Illegal drugs, cigarettes, or other tobacco products.
- Unauthorized property, stolen property, or other items obtained illegally.
- Boxes, book bags, suitcases, ZIPIT products, plastic bags (no Ziploc) trash bags, etc.
- Aerosol products, flammable liquids, matches, or lighters.
- Any items containing alcohol, perfume, body sprays, body lotions.
- Jewelry, watches, piercings (tongue, nose, eyebrow, belly), ear/nose/body rings, hair clips, spacers.
- Weave and/or attachable hair.
- Makeup of any kind and nail polish.
- Televisions, phones or other electronics.
- Extension cords or other electrical type cords or devices.
- Flat irons, hair dryers, rubber bands, curling irons, etc.
- Batteries of any kind or items containing batteries including light up shoes or clothing.
- Items containing magnets, made of wood, stone, brick, glass, or small items that can easily be swallowed.
- Plastic containers, water jugs and plastic water bottles.
- Money, checks, credit cards, gift certificates, etc.
- Glue, paints, cleaning supplies, or chemicals of any kind.
- Belts, shoelaces, hood strings, paracord, under wires, scarves, ties, head bands, bandanas, open toed shoes/sandals, thong flip flops, shoes with rope or hemp, safety laces, heavy boots/boots with heels (i.e. cowboy boots, combat boots, work boots), tennis shoes, etc.
- Spiral notebooks, pictures and books not approved by clinical staff.
- Food, snacks, candy, drinks (no instant drink mix and/or powder).
- Non Hermitage Hall issued furniture.
- Outside pillows and stuffed animals/toys, comforters/sets.
- Items containing polymer beads/balls such as neck pillows, stress balls, Orbeez toys, etc.
- Fidget Spinners, glow sticks, marbles, dice or games containing marbles and/or dice, Pokemon cards or any game cards that can be used for trading for favors.
- No hygiene products allowed in bedrooms.
- Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Hermitage Hall Staff.
For your convenience, you can also download and print copies of the Boys Packing List, Girls Packing List, Contraband List, 2023 Contraband Acknowledgements, 2023 List of Items Supplied by HH and 2023 List of Items to Bring to HH.
Reach Out for Help Today
Our admissions staff is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. (CST). Call 615-742-3000 to get started. For questions about our programs, you can also use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.